Space Expo 2019 @ New England Air Museum - 04/06/19 10:00 AM to 04/06/19 04:00 PM

Chewy

Logistical stuff!

• Museum is located at 36 Perimeter Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096. The two best ways to get there are to either A. go all the way up Route 75 through Windsor Locks before turning left at the top of the hill (marked by a huge sign for the museum), or B. Go up I-91, get onto Route 20 towards Granby/East Granby, then turn right onto Bradley Park Road, then right again onto Perimeter Road (past the Air National Guard base).
  • Aim to arrive for as close to 9AM as possible, please. When you turn into the museum parking lot you'll see an open gate on your right - drive through it and around the edge of the hanger. Park on the edge of the road between the two big hangers. Grab your tote and head into the Civilian Hanger (the one closer to the front of the museum) via a set of double doors. To find our changing room, you should??walk through the Civilian Hanger and connecting corridor towards the B-29 Hangar, take the small side-door to your left, and then head down to the corridor towards a classroom area. There are two private bathrooms in this area, too.??I've drawn up a map to better illustrate everything -??Space Expo Map.pdf
  • We'll be appearing for two shifts of 2 hours (10:00am to 12:00pm, then 1:00pm through 3:00pm) with an hour lunch break in-between. The museum fully caters lunch for us. It's totally fine to dress down a little early if you'd like or take regular breaks during the shifts - it's a long day in costume, please take care of yourself!
  • It's still TBC from the event host??but (as in previous years)??I expect we'll be hanging out around the Military Hanger for the majority of the time. Along with whatever wranglers we bring along, the museum will be providing at least one volunteer to keep an eye on us.

The Space Expo has been one of my favourite events since joining the 501st so I'm really happy we'll be going back again this year. It's kinda right at the top of the state so I'm really grateful to everyone who's driving up from the south coast or over the border. :)??Thanks for reading!

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Space Expo 2019 @ New England Air Museum

Edited by Chewy
updating logistics

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

This event was so fun this year! I wouldn't miss it!

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

1 hour ago, trevelyan said:

They pushed this out to September next year? Dont they usually hold this in April?

Date fixed... tentative for the 6th of April, possibly the 7th :)

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2018 at 6:54 PM, Madxena said:

I just missed this one this??year so I am definitely in for this one next year.??

:D thanks Michelle!??

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)

• 1 month later...

This is an awesome event. I'm definitely there!

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 10:07 AM, macloed316 said:

Let me know if you need me. As always I am more than glad to help out if I can.

We'd love to see you guys again this year! I'm certainly going to troop as much as possible in RI this year. :)

Z1MzQD1.jpg

I???m in for sure. ?? I can do SnowTrooper if we do a ESB theme or FOTK??

• Love 2

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update:

I've confirmed out participation with the event host and I (or @Obliviscar) will be providing her with a list of attendees shortly before the event. We're essentially doing everything the same as the last two years - I'll type out the full details either before the end of the month.

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Put me as going. ??Suit tbd. Possible Jawa also

the Wookiee needs a new belt and that???s gonna take time to do so if you want him he will have no belt

if macloed316 is coming he can do Vader.??

If not I can bring him.

I???m going to be late to this have a dr appointment that morning but I will be there after the dr

Edited by jimsprenkle
  • Love 1

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

1 hour ago, jimsprenkle said:

Shouldn???t this be a confirmed event?

You are correct. It's already confirmed with the event host; I'll just need someone with moderator powers to move it into the correct subforum. @Alay please?

Z1MzQD1.jpg

23 minutes ago, Chewy said:

You are correct. It's already confirmed with the event host; I'll just need someone with moderator powers to move it into the correct subforum. @Alay please?

Oops, forgot I demodded you for election.

??

It's moved and updated.

8qAXZbQ.png

You were ???demodded ??? lol

• Love 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

5 hours ago, Feliz said:

You were ???demodded ??? lol

Yeah... it was probably a bad idea to give an election candidate the ability to moderate posts. :P

Regarding logistics for Space Expo - tomorrow I'll post a quick guide for parking, where the changing area is, appearance??schedule, etc etc. The event host would like to know how many of us are coming and their names, but that's something Dennis or I can confirm a little closer to the date.??

Z1MzQD1.jpg

First post and calendar event is updated with logistics! Still a few months away but always better to be prepared.

https://ctg501.com/community/index.php?/topic/256-space-expo-2019-new-england-air-museum-040619-1000-am-to-040619-0400-pm/&tab=comments#comment-1920??

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Real talk, who's the astronaut this year?

8qAXZbQ.png

49 minutes ago, Alay said:

Real talk, who's the astronaut this year?

Joseph Tanner

• Love 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

On 2/11/2019 at 11:40 AM, jimsprenkle said:

Put me as going. ??Suit tbd. Possible Jawa also

the Wookiee needs a new belt and that???s gonna take time to do so if you want him he will have no belt

if macloed316 is coming he can do Vader.??

If not I can bring him.

I???m going to be late to this have a dr appointment that morning but I will be there after the dr

I will be there as long as you are ok with it. I dont want to step on anyone's toes. I really love trooping with you all and I don't want to be disrespectful.

vaderscastle2.jpg