[Cancelled] 2019 New Haven St. Patrick's Day Parade - 03/10/19 12:00 AM

I unfortunately have to bow out. I am just getting over a nasty chest cold thats been hanging on for about three weeks and the thought of it coming back does not appeal to me at all. I am sorry to let you folks down.

• Love 1

vaderscastle2.jpg

Screenshot_20190308-190056.thumb.png.b50c320c2f537bfde5012c6732eed510.png

So, weather - wise, we're looking at rain and >1 inch of snow in the morning and then it's going to peter out by the time we have to get on the buses to go to the stepping off area. Seeing as we're going to be parked in a garage for most of the morning before we get on the bus, and I can get a ton of rain ponchos and umbrellas, we can potentially make the parade work. For the people who have said they'll be there - how are you feeling about it? I really have no desire to drag everyone along just to be miserable and wet.??

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

It doesn???t look pleasant ATM and rather avoid rain for our members the best we could.??

If we were covered and warm then that???s one thing??but I don???t see us being indoors or on the bus staying dry. Plus many of us can???t sit, the XMas run was a fun testimate to that haha ??

i say we wait to tomorrow evening to make the official call

??

i also spoke with Saber Guild??and they are making their call tomorrow evening for the same ??

??

B113FA33-7DBB-454D-AFD6-3EE7E8CC0597.png

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

I'm backing out of this one, I have ESTA training this previous??week and next in Hartford, so my vacation time this past??week got cancelled, so I couldn't work on anything costume wise.

Edited by Foxhound621

I was hoping the weather would change by this morning but no such luck.?? I will have to bow out as well.?? With my current situation, I can not be sick around my mom and I already march this one year in the rain.?? My robes and gear felt like I was carrying an 80 lbs. sack the whole time.

Sorry but I am out.

Several days surrounding Sunday are looking to be beautiful weather. And yet Sunday looks to be absolutely miserable.

??It???s almost like we are being forbidden to march. :/

I???m praying things will change, but so far the forecast is grim. I really want to do this parade too! I???m gonna continue to watch the forecast and hope to see a change. May the force be with us.

??I bet we get pelted with snowballs if we march ...:dancing-trooper:??Could be fun ! ....or it could suck !

??

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

I still want to do it. A little rain never hurt anyone. Just bring some dry clothes. Hoping The crappy weather stays away and we get to troop.??

• Love 1

We just can't catch a break lately with parade weather...

??

I don't envy having to make the call.?? Sucks tomorrow seems to be a miserable day :(

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Just a heads up, the New England Garrison is doing an event tomorrow at the Big E, if anyone really aad their hearts set on trooping and would like to do something a little more in door :)?? Just be careful driving!!!????https://www.501neg.com/calendar/event/1476-marks-ne-motorsports-expo-west-springfieldma/

??

??

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

The Car show at the Big E is a fun event and all indoors in the Better living building. More troopers would be welcomed by the hosts, I am sure. If the roads are good then?? just let them know you want to play. The cars are cool to see and the organizers love having us there.

• Love 1

A little short for a storm tooper.