Troop tracker

Is the troop tracker not working?

??Mine still says 3. Should say 5 by now.

I know Chris mentioned something about it having to do with when past troop event topics??get archived. But it didn???t seem to work. Just curious. I???ve still only done a small amount of troops, so it???s more noticeable in my profile. ?

??Im just so proud to be a part of these special events and I am bound to lose count on my own. Lol

• Like 1

Hey Jerred!

??

So it's actually a brand new "feature".?? So brand new I didn't even realize I had made it public to non-moderators since it's still in testing; oops!

??

It works correctly now, however??I??haven't automated it yet to a nightly process.?? So for now, it's something I have to manually kick off from a code file to crunch the attendance numbers.

Don't be alarmed though! Your events are being calculated and next time I press the big red "refresh" button, they'll be updated!?? But for now that's only occurring when I actually run code tests on it???

??

The long term goal, in addition to troop tracked on a users profile, is a full visible web page where you can see past event details, easily access pictures, see what type of costumes folks wore, see cool charts and statistics around how many troops folks are doing this year and all time, and maybe tie into cool die pressed lapel pins for milestones (5/25/50/100/etc).?? Plus a quick and easy way for folks to get alerted on their phones and e-mails when events that match certain keywords or criteria is added (or just a reminder that they haven't trooped in a while and need to sneak one in before census time!)**

??

Since the topic is open, here's a little teaser of the tracking site with some basic info:

image.png.c2261a56405221e10dfa6f38db0a2989.png

??

Oh, and I've gone ahead and updated the troop counts for you ;)

??

**Note: I'm just the web person.?? None of this constitutes a promise and it's ultimately up to the executive team what they want done.

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

11 hours ago, jimsprenkle said:

Where is the troop tracker at?

Right now, my C??drive :D?? I need to secure it before I upload it anywhere??so it uses an OAuth login.?? 95% of the work so far has just been on API stuff to support it all.

??

I did upload an unfinished API version to a new sub-domain last night so I can rig it to an Azure Function for refresh.?? Feel free to play around with it... some endpoint examples:

Top (5) attended events:????http://api.ctg501.com/api/events/top/5

Event attendance (using my database id):??http://api.ctg501.com/api/events/attendence/member/368

??

??

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

This is cool! It will be a nice feature when it???s ready. Thanks for the updates. I???ll keep checking as time goes on.??

??Thanks for you hard work and dedication Sarah!

I'm just happy to see this year's Space Expo so high up there on the most attended list. :D

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

11 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I'm just happy to see this year's Space Expo so high up there on the most attended list. :D

That was a very enjoyable event! Can???t wait to do it again if they have us??next year!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...