Bridgeport Islanders Star Wars Night March 4th, 6pm-9pm - 03/04/23 06:00 PM to 03/04/23 12:00 AM

Feliz

Event Name: Bridgeport Islanders - Star Wars Night
Venue: Total Mortgage Arena - Bridgeport
Venue address: 600 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06604
Event Start: 3/4/2022 - 6:00 (5pm Arrival)
Event End: 3/4/2022 - 9:00
Event Website:
Expected number of attendees: 4000
Requested number of characters: Open
Requested character types: All
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Can troopers carry blasters: Yes
Can troopers carry/bring props like lightsabers and staffs: Yes
Is parking available: Yes
Is venue accessible to those with limited mobility: Yes
Amenities available at venue: Restrooms - Yes
Water - Possible
Food - Possible
Comments: Hey All! We've been invited back to the Bridgeport Islanders to another Star Wars night for 2023. These events are ALWAYS a fun time and we'll be joining our friends from the Saber Guild and Rebel Legion. Please join us for another great event and helping bring some smiles to families this 
evening!

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Bridgeport Islanders Star Wars Night March 4th, 6pm-9pm

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

I’ll be there as TROS Kylo, tho with my job this may change, but for now I’m going! 

• Love 1

Quentin Salgado TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

• 4 weeks later...

I should be able to do one of these the two events that are scheduled for this day. My concern is that we have 4 people set to troop this event when they are expecting 4000 people and we have 16 trooping the other event where we are expecting 250 people. This seems off. We will need more people for the hockey game and some support staff to help costumed people. 

11 hours ago, Mylehigh said:

I should be able to do one of these the two events that are scheduled for this day. My concern is that we have 4 people set to troop this event when they are expecting 4000 people and we have 16 trooping the other event where we are expecting 250 people. This seems off. We will need more people for the hockey game and some support staff to help costumed people. 

Lou,

I agree to a point, however, the gala as an event has been up since October and the Islander's game didn't come up until January so any shifting around of what people do would be on their own terms obviously. 

Would I like to distribute it a little better? Yes.  However we've manned large events with a low body count before and it works out as long as we stay together and have a wrangler handy.  We'll see what happens a little closer to the event.  If the troopers signed up are unsure if they want to attend because of the number of troopers/wranglers committed, we can cancel the event on behalf of trooper safety and no harm/no foul.  I know it's not what people want to do but the option exists.

Galas get a lot of enthusiasm because they lend themselves to a little bit different feel.  Additionally Saber Guild committed to a performance so siphoning off of their ranks to go to the islanders would likely be a hard sell.

I'll try to drum up some support for the Islander's game between now and then.   Reach out to some troopers to see if there are any other interested parties.  I'm sure something can work out.

• Like 1

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

On 2/6/2023 at 6:09 PM, Backpacks Got Jets said:

Lou,

I agree to a point, however, the gala as an event has been up since October and the Islander's game didn't come up until January so any shifting around of what people do would be on their own terms obviously. 

Would I like to distribute it a little better? Yes.  However we've manned large events with a low body count before and it works out as long as we stay together and have a wrangler handy.  We'll see what happens a little closer to the event.  If the troopers signed up are unsure if they want to attend because of the number of troopers/wranglers committed, we can cancel the event on behalf of trooper safety and no harm/no foul.  I know it's not what people want to do but the option exists.

Galas get a lot of enthusiasm because they lend themselves to a little bit different feel.  Additionally Saber Guild committed to a performance so siphoning off of their ranks to go to the islanders would likely be a hard sell.

I'll try to drum up some support for the Islander's game between now and then.   Reach out to some troopers to see if there are any other interested parties.  I'm sure something can work out.

My understanding of the gala is they want a fight scene and the attendees will not be mingling with patrons until after the fight for pictures. Honestly I think it’s overkill to have 15 people from this group and others from saber guides there when the hockey game is a bigger venue and could use more troops like this past weekend in Hartford 

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

On 2/12/2023 at 12:09 AM, jimsprenkle said:

My understanding of the gala is they want a fight scene and the attendees will not be mingling with patrons until after the fight for pictures. Honestly I think it’s overkill to have 15 people from this group and others from saber guides there when the hockey game is a bigger venue and could use more troops like this past weekend in Hartford 

In spirit i guess yes you're correct.  seems like numbers are a little skewed but you have to keep in mind a few things

First the gala event came on the board way before the islanders event so a lot of troopers already decided on what they were going to be doing that evening prior to the LFL invite for the islanders.

Next, the gala is inevitably going to raise a mountain of money for charity while the islanders game,though a bigger venue, is more about promoting an evening event rather than fund raising.  so if we're worried about charitable contributions we should be touting the Gala hardcore.

We have manned large events with small crews countless times in the past, i'm not sure why there's such a push back with this islander's game.   it came in as a second event on a date, we should be glad that we're doing it at all rather than fighting over the numbers involved.

Lastly we're volunteers volunteering for the things we feel like volunteering for.  There's no reason to scalp from one event to even out numbers for another.

Is it ideal?  not really.  Is it functional? yes.  Will it change anything either way? no not really. 

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

15 minutes ago, jimsprenkle said:

Not trying to start issues just wanted to voice my opinion or whatever you feel im doing 

Ha

Tone never comes across over text.  I don't think anyone is thinking you're starting anything negative.  My response was less toward you and more to just encompass the entire theme of what's going on.  you just happened to be a convenient starting point. 

I heart you Jim

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 11:56 PM, Iconic_ctinferno said:

I’ll be there as TROS Kylo, tho with my job this may change, but for now I’m going! 

Actually switching costume to Del Meeko Inferno Squad as Kristina Murtha TI-91734 from ECG will be joining us as Iden Versio. 

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

My friend Kristina is also bringing her friend who does wrangling/photos for ECG and his name is Adam FYI