May 3rd @ CCMC - 05/03/19 01:00 PM to 05/03/19 04:00 PM

Chewy

??

May 4th this year happens to fall on a Saturday, so we're doing this on the 3rd instead. Frees up our calendar a bit.

The Connecticut Children's Medical Center celebrates May 4th each year with a party in their Family Resource Center, and has invited us to come along! We aim to meet there at 11 before getting changed for an appearance at midday. We usually alternate hanging around the FRC doing pictures with staff and outpatients, along with visits to the inpatient wards in groups of two.??We will also??be joined by our friend Charles Janeczko and his R2D2! @trevelyan

• Please aim to arrive at around 12:15 / 12:30, ready to appear in costume for 1PM. We'll be changing in a room inside the UTC Family Resource Center - if you're lost, please ask one of the security guards for help.
  • UPDATE: We're good to park outside the Family Resource Center again. Sorry about this.... It's at 281 Washington Street. Take a right along Washington Street before you come to the main entrance of the hospital complex. It's right around where the blue crane is in THIS google maps image.
  • Please remember to leave your blasters at home. I suspect lightsabers will be fine, but I wouldn't suggest bringing along a blade for one. The hospital corridors are a little cramped.
  • @bsands??@Kaar'ryn??- if you haven't already done so, please fill out the Confidentiality agreement??and bring it with you on Friday. I'll have a few extra copies on the day to fill out just in case.

Guidelines for Special Visitors.pdf

Confidentiality Agreement.pdf

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? May 3rd @ CCMC

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

Putting myself down as a place holder, if someone really wants to go and I can't make it I'll turn it over???

My spot is open, I have something else going on that day??

Edited by Foxhound621
  • 1 month later...

Signed up!???? we have 1 spot left

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

• 2 weeks later...

@Jimbo??@Feliz??@bsands??@First0rder

There's going to be an event outside the hospital until 1PM that's going to mess up parking - are you guys okay started later at 1PM and finishing at around 3? It means Chuck could come with R2, and we wouldn't have to drag our totes all the way from the public parking garage. :)

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)

I???d be fine with starting at 1. Is that the start time or suit up time? Either way I???m good!

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

11 minutes ago, Feliz said:

I???d be fine with starting at 1. Is that the start time or suit up time? Either way I???m good!

That's the start time.???

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

EDIT:

I would like to join you guys if there is still room. I should have my new Twi'lek Jedi ready to go and I could help with soft wrangling for armored troopers.

Edited by Kaar'ryn

TK 90577 

"Someday humans will leave our cocoon in the solar system to explore beyond our home system, Voyager will have led the way." - Grunsfeld

19 hours ago, bsands said:

I'm good starting at 1.?? I work in Hartford so it's just a short drive down the street from me.?? When/where do we muster?

We will be meeting up at the Family Resource Center at the Hospital. It's across the street from the public parking garage, or just inside the doors from the parking if we start at 1. I can make up a little map before the event.

17 hours ago, Kaar'ryn said:

EDIT:

I would like to join you guys if there is still room. I should have my new Twi'lek Jedi ready to go and I could help with soft wrangling for armored troopers.

Sure! That takes us to the cap of 7, but if another CTG member would like to attend we'll have to put you on the reserve list unfortunately.????

Z1MzQD1.jpg

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Sure! That takes us to the cap of 7, but if another CTG member would like to attend we'll have to put you on the reserve list unfortunately.????

That is completely understandable!! I would not mind at all to back out if someone wants to go! :)
This one was just a lot closer to me and work in Hartford so I figured I'd offer! I will keep checking in to make sure. Thank you!

• Love 1

TK 90577 

"Someday humans will leave our cocoon in the solar system to explore beyond our home system, Voyager will have led the way." - Grunsfeld

@Chewy??I know exactly where that is (I've, unfortunately, had to go there with kids a multitude of times).?? Is 1:00 the time to arrive, or should we get there earlier to suit up?

??

4 hours ago, bsands said:

@Chewy??I know exactly where that is (I've, unfortunately, had to go there with kids a multitude of times).?? Is 1:00 the time to arrive, or should we get there earlier to suit up?

??

1pm is the time we start, so aim to arrive just after midday. I'm just going to double - check with the event host that their morning event finishes soon enough that we'll have enough parking if we arrive then.??

Z1MzQD1.jpg

1pm works here too. thanks Chris for schedule change.??

Andy

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

• 2 weeks later...

We've still got one space left for this! If you've got some spare time around the middle of the day, come help us cheer up some poor children.

Z1MzQD1.jpg

7 hours ago, Chewy said:

We've still got one space left for this! If you've got some spare time around the middle of the day, come help us cheer up some poor children.

As a Dad whose kids were at CCMC on May 4th back in 2016, I can say it made a big difference for them.?? I'm happy that I have a chance to give back this year.

• Love 1