Reach for the Stars Pediatric Oncology Survivorship Event - 06/02/19 11:00 AM to 06/02/19 03:00 PM

It???s a huge celebration of our patients from the Connecticut Children's Medical Center who have survived cancer! It???s a beautiful and super inspiring event and we would LOVE you and your group to be a part of it!

We have tons of activities set up for the kids on the green and I thought it would be so cool to have a Star Wars station! You would be in the shade under a large tent with a backdrop for photo ops. You could also walk around and interact with the kids on the green. A locked space would be provided for changing and breaks. We would also provide lunch and plenty of water and snacks. We could probably accommodate as many members who wanted to come, but I???d at least love to have two.

It is on the grounds of the University of St. Joseph in West Hartford.?? Arrive at 10.?? Troop 2, 3 or all 4 hours!!??

Logistics:

• Please arrive no later than 10AM so we can get orientated. We should be ready to go by 11AM.
  • We will have a private, locked area to change in and store our belongings. Water and lunch will be provided.
  • Some of us will be walking around interacting with the kids, others will be posing at the photo-booth station.
  • They break-down everything at 2:30PM. I'm not expecting everyone to stay until then - about 1:30/2:00 is probably reasonable.
  • They're expecting 200-300 children plus parents and family.
  • There will be a large parking lot set aside for event volunteers at the entrance to the University of Saint Joseph. Follow the signs directing you to volunteer parking.
  • Please remember to take breaks if/when you need them. Who knows what the weather is going to be like (yay CT) and I don't want anyone to overheat or get too damp.

??

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Reach for the Stars Pediatric Oncology Survivorship Event

• Like 2

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

• 4 weeks later...

Moved to confirmed events. We should be??set for parking and a changing area but we'll double-check closer to the date for exact details. I'm actually quite looking forward to this. :)

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

• 2 weeks later...

Interested! I will confirm when it gets closer

• Like 1

TK 90577 

"Someday humans will leave our cocoon in the solar system to explore beyond our home system, Voyager will have led the way." - Grunsfeld

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to wrangle for this event!??

• Like 2

Quentin Salgado TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

5 hours ago, qsalgado40011 said:

I would love to wrangle for this event!??

Of course! The more the merrier.

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)

7 hours ago, Mason Windu said:

Would love to wrangle as well, so get merrier!

Yup, of course. You're very welcome. :)

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend :(

As second in command of the Firaxan Clan my CO wants me at the Firaxan meetup/photoshoot the same day.

Hope you guys have a good time and hope to find a ct troop I can attend soon!!

TK 90577 

"Someday humans will leave our cocoon in the solar system to explore beyond our home system, Voyager will have led the way." - Grunsfeld

On 5/30/2019 at 9:29 AM, Kaar'ryn said:

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend :(

As second in command of the Firaxan Clan my CO wants me at the Firaxan meetup/photoshoot the same day.

Hope you guys have a good time and hope to find a ct troop I can attend soon!!

That's understandable. :(??Catch you around!

17 hours ago, Depeche25 said:

How do you sign up for the event?

As usual - go to the calendar event??and specify you're going. Looks like you're all set.

??

Where do we park?

There will be a large parking area set aside for volunteers at the University. Follow signs for volunteer parking.

??

Supposed to rain Sunday will event be canceled?

I'm reading it as mostly cloudy with a??40% chance of rain during the day. Humidity might be a little tedious. I've not heard anything from our contact about a cancellation - if she does decide to call off the event, I'll let you know.

Z1MzQD1.jpg

I've updated the first post will logistics for the event. Please note we've been asked to arrive no later than 10AM for orientation.

Thanks to everyone who signed up - this is pretty much a hospital visit that more than 6 troops can do. ;)

• Like 2

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Oh, one final thing. I've not been able to get a response about it from our contact but I suspect this might be a no-blasters troop. Bring em if you like but I'll have to confirm tomorrow if you'll be allowed to walk around with them.

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Nooooooooo!!! Now we???re never gunna find those droids!

• Like 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

Had a great time. The weather was beautiful. The children were delightful. Some very touching moments and I was proud to be there for such an inspiring??event. ??Chris did a fantastic job of making sure everyone was keeping cool and hydrated. Lots of fun was had, trooping with you all! Hope to do this one again next year!

• Like 1
On 6/3/2019 at 8:43 PM, Mason Windu said:

No prob!

Thank you for putting up the pics!!

• Like 1

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler