Make-A-Wish: Wishes on Wheels - 09/15/19 10:30 AM to 09/15/19 01:00 PM

http://www.wishesonwheels.com/

"Wishes on Wheels, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization made up of passionate and hardworking volunteers committed to a shared goal - to organize a family-friendly truck convoy and event to bring together families, friends and community members to support children with life-threatening medical conditions. Dozens of local Wish Kids look forward to Wishes On Wheels as an annual tradition that simply can't be missed. Many of the truck drivers volunteer to have Wish Families ride along with them during the Convoy. When the Wish Kids arrive, they carefully select the truck they will ride shotgun in during the Convoy or search until they find "their truck" from the previous year. Upon return to Rentschler Field in East Hartford, there is more fun, food and festivities to help raise money for this important cause."

The CTG has done this event for many years. Usually @INDY??has been the point-person for the event, but this year I'm hoping we can work out alternative arrangements with the event host. We would aim to get to Rentschler Field by 9AM or so as the convoy drives off, and be dressed up ready to interact with kids and families as they get back. Crowds usually die down by 1:30/2:00pm. Parking is free and on-site for volunteers. Blasters are fine.

I will have water and refreshments??on the day, and changing??location is TBC. I'll rent a bloody van if I have to. ;)

??

BE THERE BY 9AM

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Make-A-Wish: Wishes on Wheels

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

I have a 10x10 tent we could potentially use for this. Just needs a little stenciling over some old funny writing??

• Like 2

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

I always miss these.?? I wanna try and do this one this year!

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

On 6/16/2019 at 6:20 PM, Feliz said:

I have a 10x10 tent we could potentially use for this. Just needs a little stenciling over some old funny writing??

i have a canopy too and my little changing tent

• Like 2

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! I've been wanting to troop with the CTG for a while now and hoping to finally cross it off my trooping list this summer. I've checked in on the calendar post and will be following to stay informed on this event. Hope to see some of you there!

• Like 1

Michael??Brunco: IC/TX-7796
New England Garrison

• 5 weeks later...

Pencil Jimbo in again....fun event !

Was pretty stinkin' hot last year...helmet fans recommended.

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

Given that our box truck to change in is gone this year, anyone have a suggestion on changing set up???

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

17 hours ago, Feliz said:

Given that our box truck to change in is gone this year, anyone have a suggestion on changing set up???

Joan have a little changing tent.

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

Maybe I could section off a back corner of the tent I have

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

On 8/6/2019 at 4:06 PM, Feliz said:

Maybe I could section off a back corner of the tent I have

Sure, bring your tent. We can always close off one,??for storage and changing. I can bring some clamps to hold any coverings.

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

Put me as a maybe right now in Vader and possibly my handler if it???s ok. Will confirm when time is closer??

• Like 1

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

On 8/5/2019 at 7:20 PM, Feliz said:

I'm planning to get a u-haul truck.

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)

• 2 weeks later...

Yay a Sunday troop, and so close to home! My Mando is getting some minor upgrades and not quite sure if I'll have it back together by then. But Jedi is always ready in case.

• Like 1

TK 90577 

"Someday humans will leave our cocoon in the solar system to explore beyond our home system, Voyager will have led the way." - Grunsfeld

8 minutes ago, Foxhound621 said:

Bringing a member from Rebel Legion along who's interested in the event!

For tracking purposes, please get them to register on the forums and "RSVP" for the event when able :)

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, in ??years past, we have gotten to the event a bit earlier, before the trucks leave. Once they leave, we then got dressed. Is??10am OK? What time will you be there?

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Excited for this one! Finally going to be able to do a wishes on wheels :D

8qAXZbQ.png

19 hours ago, Feliz said:

Chris, in ??years past, we have gotten to the event a bit earlier, before the trucks leave. Once they leave, we then got dressed. Is??10am OK? What time will you be there?

I agree. I would suggest to get there as early as possible.

Get there by 9:30 or even earlier if you can. You don't want to get stuck on the traffic getting in and if the trucks are heading out, you will not able to get in.

??

• Like 1

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

Be there by 9am!?? Thanks Michelle and for alerting us @Feliz

• Like 2

8qAXZbQ.png

22 minutes ago, jimsprenkle said:

Vader + my daughter will be there??

Thank you, Jim!

Z1MzQD1.jpg