Connecticut Renaissance Faire Time Travelers Weekend 10/07 - 10/07/23 10:30 AM to 10/07/23 12:00 AM

Feliz

Event Name:  The Connecticut Renaissance Faire
Venue:  Lebanon Country Fairgrounds
Venue address:  12 Ellis Rd
               Lebanon, Connecticut
               USA
Event Start:  10/7/2023  - 10:30am
Event End:    10/7/2023  - 6:00pm
Event Website:
 https://www.ctfaire.com
Expected number of attendees:  
Requested number of characters:  25
Requested character types: 
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Can troopers carry blasters: Yes
Can troopers carry/bring props like lightsabers and staffs: Yes
Is parking available: Yes
Is venue accessible to those with limited mobility: Yes
Amenities available at venue: Our venue has public flush toilets and portable toilets. 501st members will have back stage access to a changing room and green room with food and drink. 
Comments: We are a Renaissance Faire inviting you to attend on our Time Travelers Weekend. Members are welcome to walk around, enjoy shows, pose for photos, and enjoy the day. Interested members could also guard the king from time to time.
Referred by:  Some of our members attend our show every year. In 2022, you had a drop join us on the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend.
hey All, this is a place holder for this event. We have a great time every year we do this and it should be no different this year. Mark your calendars!

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Connecticut Renaissance Faire Time Travelers Weekend 10/07

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Technically the faire is open rain or shine. They are still hoping for some troopers. But time travelers is both days so people could go sunday too,

This is unofficial, just saying what I know from my faire friends. 

• Like 1

TK 90577 

"Someday humans will leave our cocoon in the solar system to explore beyond our home system, Voyager will have led the way." - Grunsfeld

So our troop is scheduled for tomorrow. I know it's a themed weekend but changing to Sunday last minute can potentially cause a lot of problems with troopers or the Faire 

Unless it's an official change. By the organizer coordinated through our GEC the troop is 10/7 

That doesn't prevent you from going the 8th as well or instead but it wouldn't be as a troop it would be as an attendee unless explicitly changed 

@Lgrad if you can reach out to the ren faire contact for info that'd be best if weather is an immediate concetn

• Like 1

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

Yeah, I'm not wearing Boba Fett in the rain. Did that once at Make a Wish and won't be doing that if I can help it.  So I'm most likely out at this point. Will wait til morning to make my final decision. Would be nice to troop with everyone though. 

Update:  Well it doesn't appear that the weather forecasters know what to expect either. So I'll be there with Boba trunk in tow and can make a better decision once there. I really hope we can get a few hours in kit out of this, it sounds like a blast.  :)

Edited by Gian Daro
  • Like 2

The latest report is showing 1/3” over the course of the day, which is a significant improvement from this morning, but you know how New England weather goes. If you don’t like it, give it five minutes. I’ll play it by ear in the morning, but as of now, I plan on reporting to the flight deck (possibly with my clipboard). As much as Friar Utinni would enjoy this venue, it took about a week for my Jawa to fully dry and air out from the last rainy event.

Edited by Buccaneerbrawler
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Buccaneerbrawler said:

The latest report is showing 1/3” over the course of the day, which is a significant improvement from this morning, but you know how New England weather goes. If you don’t like it, give it five minutes. I’ll play it by ear in the morning, but as of now, I plan on reporting to the flight deck (possibly with my clipboard). As much as Friar Utinni would enjoy this venue, it took about a week for my Jawa to fully dry and air out from the last rainy event.

Excellent.  Boba will be reporting and see how it goes from there.  

I can't make Saturday at all now...let's hope the rain doesn't come at all !

Edited by Jimbo

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

So what time are we shooting for to be on site in the morning?  9? 9:30?  8:30?  

Is there a particular gate we're supposed to go to or is it all a single entry?  Yeah, never been there lol

• Like 1

Me and Rich are here. It's sprinkling but not bad. They are just having parking in the main parking. 

We will be in our TKs 

Also the parking lot is muddy, be careful not to get stuck. 

Also Branden who is friends with the faire owners told them we may have members coming both days this weekend and they are okay with it. So troopers will be welcome Sunday too. 

Edited by Kaipurrr
  • Like 1

TK 90577 

"Someday humans will leave our cocoon in the solar system to explore beyond our home system, Voyager will have led the way." - Grunsfeld