ComiConn 2018 At Foxwoods - 06/30/18 10:00 AM to 07/01/18 06:00 PM

Alay

You can sign me up for all the shifts????Sat and Sun as TK.??I can also help set up Friday night and clean up on Sunday. Just let me know.??

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Madxena said:

You can sign me up for all the shifts????Sat and Sun as TK.??I can also help set up Friday night and clean up on Sunday. Just let me know.??

Thank you!!! Any help setting up and breaking down is hugely appreciated :)

ill add you to the list

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

I can help set up on Friday night and me and the wife might be able to alternate some types of shifts.??

Will Murphy

ANH Tusken Raider

DZ-13141

Bummer, I can't go. Its a big event weekend at work (The "Messtival Festival") so I have to be there the whole time.

TK 90577 

"Someday humans will leave our cocoon in the solar system to explore beyond our home system, Voyager will have led the way." - Grunsfeld

as soon as we get the unloading schedule i'll let you all know when my arrival will be.?? last year i got there about 3 (to the hotel), got in line to unload about 3:30-3:45 and one of the staff helped unload because people were getting twitchy.?? we set everything up once other CTG people arrived.?? the blast doors are heavy and could use tall people to put them up!

• Love 1

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

I have not??gotten my specific travel dates yet for my overseas work, but I'm hoping its after ComicCONN so I can still go! It was so much fun last year!

Can I be a maybe until I get specifics from the refugee camp? I would do any shift either or both days, ??and probably do half in Leia, then half as wrangler (until bikini started hurting). I can also wear my Padme peasant too!

• Love 1

Nix the Usurper 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok! I'm a go for Sat shift 2! I can probably do Sunday, just need to figure out some details.??

• Love 1

Nix the Usurper 2013.

On 6/10/2018 at 3:05 PM, MagyarSoldat said:

Saturday I can do shifts 2 and 3. Sunday I have a family bbq so, sadly, I can't work it.

Added to both shifts, thanks John! :)

??

35 minutes ago, nicki said:

Ok! I'm a go for Sat shift 2! I can probably do Sunday, just need to figure out some details.??

??

Added to shift 2!?? Let me know about Sunday :)

??

??

Just FYI folks; shifts are going to have a soft cap of 10 costumed/wranglers.?? We may potentially have pass limitations, but I'm trying to talk Erik into giving us some extras.

As stated in the OP; you need must absolutely have to turn your passes back over to Joan, Joe, Chris, or myself after you've been in costume for your shift so we can shuffle them around.?? If you don't, we have to put you in with the Bor Gullet as punishment!

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

19 hours ago, Alay said:

Added to both shifts, thanks John! :)

??

??

Added to shift 2!?? Let me know about Sunday :)

??

??

Just FYI folks; shifts are going to have a soft cap of 10 costumed/wranglers.?? We may potentially have pass limitations, but I'm trying to talk Erik into giving us some extras.

As stated in the OP; you need must absolutely have to turn your passes back over to Joan, Joe, Chris, or myself after you've been in costume for your shift so we can shuffle them around.?? If you don't, we have to put you in with the Bor Gullet as punishment!

Wait. So when are we supposed to walk around the con and enjoy it? If we can't when we are on duty (which is typical), and before??or after our sith??you need the badges back? That's 1/2??the reason to do this - half the time with 501/RL family and half the time nerding out!

Nix the Usurper 2013.

1 hour ago, nicki said:

Wait. So when are we supposed to walk around the con and enjoy it? If we can't when we are on duty (which is typical), and before??or after our sith??you need the badges back? That's 1/2??the reason to do this - half the time with 501/RL family and half the time nerding out!

If you're on an active shift, you're expected to be at the table or where directed.?? We've done walk arounds in past years, and will do them again this year depending on traffic.?? Meet & greets, etc... same as every year.????

However, if you're there on a signed up troop shift, you're there to troop for that shift.?? There's leeway obviously, and we're all here to have a good time, but can't have folks disappearing their entire shift to walk around shopping at con booths and stuff.

If we run into pass issues and can't get the right people for the next troop shift into the convention, we'll have issues.?? I'm working with Erik about getting more passes, because it seems silly to me that this is even an issue...?? I'm sure if you're already past entry on a pass no one is gonna bug you if you keep walking around though after your shift.

8qAXZbQ.png

5 hours ago, nicki said:

As Sarah said, if you get in through the door with a pass it shouldn't be an issue if you want to hang out after the shift. We just need enough passes on hand to get everyone in for their shifts.

Right now the CTG has been allotted 10 vendor/artist passes for the convention with the possibility of more at the event if we need them. At the moment??Sarah is trying to negotiate for more from Erik, but there's a good chance that we will need most/all of them at any given time to cover the troopers working our table. The situation is... less than ideal, but this is what we're currently working with.

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

Our load in time is listed on Friday.?? When @Astraline??wants to drop off the stuff will be our setup time on that day:
??

Foxwoods will only be allowing Vendors and Artists to do load in and setup on Friday June 29th, 2018 from 12pm till 11pm. Last car or truck loads begin at??8pm.??At??9pm??no more load-ins from the loading dock. You can stay in the venue till??11pm??to finish setting up your space!

We have our booth location confirmed!?? We'll be in the outlined area:
??

image.thumb.png.c3e653738c59416b354a37eae8fa33d4.png

??

I'm super excited!?? This event is gonna rock!

8qAXZbQ.png

And not much room for Blast a Trooper since our backs will be to vendor behind us and civilians will be contending against passer buyers??

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

So what time can the setup people be there on Friday? Don't forget we need??help on Sunday for breakdown!

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

Just curious How will you distribute the passes in order to gain access to the show. Also, when doing the morning shift, I assume we???ll need to get in prior to the shows opening to suit up in time. Do we have a plan for that? Should we all meet up in the am to go in together?

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

4 minutes ago, Feliz said:

Just curious How will you distribute the passes in order to gain access to the show. Also, when doing the morning shift, I assume we???ll need to get in prior to the shows opening to suit up in time. Do we have a plan for that? Should we all meet up in the am to go in together?

One of the event coordinators or someone at the stand will need to hand them off to those incoming.?? I'd advise folks to be ready to enter about 30 minutes to an hour before their assigned shift time so they can get dressed and ready.?? Best method is probably just sending a text message to one of us if it's something other than the first shift.?? My number is 203 690 8307.

9am or so on Saturday any first shift people should meet up (outside the gate if needed).?? If any folks that are doing first shift Saturday are coming Friday to help setup they can grab their pass then too.

8qAXZbQ.png

sounds like a plan! I???ll be there Friday so that works!??

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

Let's say 3pm. Gives me time to meander over there. Get yourselves to the ballroom and I'll find you!

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

haha Nerds!??

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

• The topic was unfeatured